Monday, May 19, 2008

My Shift

I have been considering this week's quote today:

“What if the Buddha came to dinner at your house? Or Jesus? Or God? Would you serve what you normally eat? If not, why not? And, more importantly, why do you not eat that way every day?” (Laura Erdman-Luntz)

I don't eat dairy due to physical sensitivities but miss cheese desperately and feel deprived. Last night I was at a dinner party and someone brought goat and sheep's cheese. Since those are easier on my system, I indulged. It was delicious! It certainly filled a craving. But then I felt quite, well, icky later. I began to think of myself as a spiritual being and my desire to awaken more deeply. I also knew that the ickiness I felt in my body was preventing me from feeling more deeply spiritual. I made a decision then to not eat any kind of cheese because it kept me from connecting more deeply spiritually. I felt a shift instantly. Now I wasn't coming from a "I can't have it." I was coming from "I want to awaken." It feels softer, more effortless, and it resonates with my compassionate self. I am no longer feeling deprived by my decision and instead feeling quite inspired!

1 comment:

Tamlin said...

I feel that for me the two major points are that it be in moderation and also that it is made with love. For me particularly, I love to bake and put so much attention and care to the dishes that I make. I want that sensation to be translated through the meals that I make.