Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Carb Addiction

So this month has been interesting for me. Marya has been going through a food detox for herself and talking about her challenges with her clearing her carbohydrate addiction. I have an incredibly clean diet (what comes of being wheat-, dairy-, and corn-free with no white sugar) so I didn’t think I had my carbohydrate addiction anymore. (Years ago I needed two bagels each day to feed my need for gluton! Took a few detoxes to get me off that diet!) Anyway, what was interesting was to notice that not only do I still have a bit of an addiction (I need carbs for breakfast and I like a little something sweet in the afternoon), I was quite irritable to find my husband had eaten the last cookie one day. Some work to do here... But I must say, just knowing about it has helped me change my behavior already.

No comments: