Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hmmmm…The Universe has Other Plans for Me:

So, remember my decision to work with fear this month? Also remember my last post, feeling money issues were in the past and, since money issues have always been the “big fear” for me, I haven’t had much to work with this month. I was with Marya this weekend and she mentioned how she has been finding quotes on the fear piece everywhere. She chuckled, saying it was the message from the Universe. In that moment, I realized I had been receiving quotes on self-care and getting my needs met. I hadn’t yet made the connection that it was my message from the Universe! (Thank you, Marya!)

So, apparently, unmet needs is my focus. I can take a hint! (Even though it may take the proverbial frying pan! ☺) Self-care is a tricky one for me. I am one of those people who does so much people frequently comment “how do you do it all!” Ironically, it is usually with a touch of envy. Trust me when I say, save the envy. I feel a bit like my yoga students who are hyper-flexible. Other students look at them with such envy as they bend their body into every position with such ease. But they have a harder time in yoga. Their body goes too far into poses, putting stress on their joints. They need to learn how to pull out of the poses just enough but not too far to find alignment to receive the lovely benefits of the pose. That’s me. Many look at me with envy, but I go too far. I am putting stress on my joints and I am learning how to pull back just enough but not too far, to receive the benefits of life.

What a fabulous lesson for me!

1 comment:

Denise said...

laura: What a wonderful reminder. I have recently also been reminded of my money issues, it is interesting how it comes and goes! I have trouble discerning fear and frustration in the midst of an issue. I for some reason am caught off guard when things come up. I can tell have some unfullfilled need that I am not in touch with yet. I also notice I have alot of confusion around money and managing it. The same can happen to me with yoga poses, I can feel a real sense of discernment one day and the next total confusion as to how I can find my place in it......Well, interesting. thanks for the insight, I will keep looking at what the universe may be telling me. Peace, denise