Thursday, January 10, 2008

What am I angry about?

(Marya) Actually, nothing! Yay! Talk about a transformation! In 2006 I did this program (then called A Year of Living Nonviolently) because I actually felt, well, violent. I could feel anger bubbling all over in me. That year helped me tremendously, most especially to figure out exactly what I was angry about. I've come a long way, baby.
My mission for this year is to be more compassionate and accepting of those in my extended family (beyond my husband and kids). In addition to just outright Anger, I have been experiencing great frustration, irritation, impatience, apathy, annoyance and other derivatives. I've been working through all of these pretty heavily for almost 2 years. I month or so ago I had a huge outburst of anger directed at someone in my family, one like I haven't in a really long time. I felt bad about it and was a little regretful. I realized later that this one big outburst really helped me release a lot and I have felt so incredibly compassionate ever since. Has anyone ever experienced something like that?
Oh, and I did remember something I'm angry at - my dog. But that's another story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had repressed anger release in a large bursts during yoga poses that are usually very joyful for me. When it first occurred, I was concerned until I realized (with Laura's help)that it was my body's way of letting go. It happens less frequently now that I am living a compassionate life of joy but when it does I rejoice. It moves me another step higher.