Monday, January 7, 2008

Quote for Today

Quote:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. The Buddha

Inspiration:
Oh my, do I resonate with today's quote. I feel the punishment most when I become angry with my children. I feel so disconnected with my heart when I am angry and that disconnection hurts me deeply; it causes so much suffering. I also get much more how it isn't my angry words that hurt my children as much as it is the disconnection between us my own disconnection with my heart engenders between us. When hearts disconnect, it is truly painful.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I definitly resonate with your comment Laura, I find that when I am trapped in my anger, I am only thinking of my own desire. The desire is not a pure one either. When I am trapped I am unable to pull myself out and must literally walk it off. Lately observing the level of my frustration rise is enough to bring me down and back to center. So often, what I was getting angry and frustrated about isn't even important later when I reflect on it. The most recent level of frustration I have observed is that I have not given myself what I needed that day, therefore I cannot be present which leads to some frustration and anger with others.(usually family) What a wonderful quote to reflect on! Thank you. Denise