Monday, March 10, 2008

Media Judgments

Okay, I admit it, I was wondering what I could possibly need to do in the media department to increase consciousness more. I already don't watch TV, read magazines, books that have any sort of negativity attached to them. I don't even see msn.com or yahoo.com anymore. (I identified them last year as my big challenge -- even seeing the headlines briefly as I passed by to my mail affected me). Then I got sick, really sick. I have been sick for 8 days now and still not fully recovered. When I was in the thick of it last week, I could hardly crawl to the bathroom. I hurt everywhere. For those of you with small children, you know how difficult this can be. I still needed to get meals together, do baths, and bedtimes. (My husband was doing double duty -- his things and teaching my classes). I turned to the TV for help and here is where my new awareness came up -- I judge watching TV, in general. I know and fully support not using TV to educate or babysit my children. I also appreciate that brain development doesn't occur when they are watching a two dimensional image. I also know I was truly desperate and when I began to judge myself for turning to TV, I felt negativity flare up. It was fascinating! So, here is my work for the month.

No comments: