Saturday, June 14, 2008

New awareness on judgement

Hi All! (Denise) Each time I have looked at this as a focus something new comes to light. I notice that my husband and I are both very judgemental of ourselves. And hearing him do it to himself makes me wonder what I sound like if I speak my self judgements outloud. I have, ever since I can remember, have had the feeling that whatever I am doing is not quite good enough. And it haunts me at times, the only difference is that now I notice when I fall into that pattern of judgement for myself. To shift I give myself postive self talk, whatever I was feeling negative about I say the exact opposite in a positive statement. That seems to help pull me out, and I know that it is an old pattern, it is not a belief but an attitude. I know I can change my attitudes when I make a concious effort. It also pulls me out of that ego place, being judgemental is ego oriented. All of a sudden it all needs to be about me!! Hahaha...... Anyhow, this is always a good one. Maybe a whole year on self judgement would be cleansing for my spirit. Peace, everyone.

No comments: