Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Spiritual Commitment

At the beginning of November I had made a commitment to focus on giving and gratitude for the month. I do a number of different things in my spiritual practice and these two areas are already such a part of what I feel. My commitment then was to expand them. I had joined an online community call 29 Days of Giving with the idea of giving every day and documenting it. I know I give each day, it's just that I didn't often think about it. It was also an opportunity to up the ante, so to speak. I was pushing myself out of my comfort zone a little and giving more than I usually do, especially when it came to money.
I also committed to not only thinking about what I was grateful for, but writing down each day the things that I was grateful for. Big things like my kids and my husband and my house and little things like my new boots or the card I received in the mail from my friend.
I bought a new journal and started writing every day both my gives and my gratitudes. It was going well for awhile...and then "life" got in the way. I say that jokingly because it's all life. I'm not going to be hard on myself for not being consistent. I'm also not giving up. I write as much as I can and still try to at least think of my gives and gratitudes every day. It is a reminder of how blessed I am and how truly wonderful this world is.

1 comment:

Denise said...

What an awesome idea, to write down what you give and your gratitudes. I often do not think I give enough and do not take note of what I do give daily. I also try to think of gratitude everyday and make gratitude lists in my thoughts if I am waundering into fear or feeling scarcity.
Thanks! denise