Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Feeling Love

Of course it's fitting that we study Love in December, that time of the year when almost every people around the world celebrate some sort of major holiday and usually one that promotes reflection, gratitude, joy and love.
In what often turns into a busy rush (often centered on material things), allow yourself to slow down and appreciate everything around you. Find things of beauty in your world, spend time in or admiring nature, go to gatherings not out of obligation but in effort to connect with fellow human beings, send cards with personal messages, tell your loved ones that you do, in fact, love them. Don't forget yourself! Do something special for yourself today, for love begins with loving yourself.
I was in a store today and a complete stranger came up to me holding a Santa Claus figurine and asked if I thought he (santa) looked happy. Puzzled, my response was "yes". The man laughed and said, "really?". As I looked at the figure I determined that the man was on to something. The man even said that it looked like Santa had bags under his eyes. I laughed. The man said that he did it all in an effort just to hear me laugh. I laughed again and said "thank you, we all need that". I told him to keep up the good work and to have a wonderful day. And I meant it.
Who can you make laugh today? Can you find something to laugh at? Take time to connect.

No comments: