Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Expression

Hi Everyone! I missed our call last night but my pondering of words has been a wonderful August focus. It is amazing as we explore these topics how things manage to really fit each month. I have had several family situations where an exploration of words has been useful. Being able to express feelings in away that is communicating well and not venting. I can spot two frustrating situations that although I will not go into details, it was important to pick the best words to own my feelings and express myself without attachment. The first situation was the learning curve and the second went well. Using "I" statements and not the famous "s" word, "should" or pointing fingers at others when really what I need to do is express my own feelings in a healthy way. This has been necessary in raising my 15 year old. Being a boy I can already see the tendency for him to not talk about how he feels, so I have to out right ask him and then listen. Setting an example and giving him options as to how to express himself especially during frustration has been an interesting exploration this month. Thanks, Peace Denise

1 comment:

@MuseLaura said...

I very much appreciate the "first was the learning curve" statement. How true it is! Luckily, the Universe continues to send us lessons so we always get another chance! Thanks for sharing, Denise!