Monday, November 10, 2008

Spiritual Practice: All the Time!

So, I decided my focus for this month was to deepen my daily spiritual practice, specifically my nontraditional practices. I am a mother with small children and I am in the process of beginning a new company. My time is gloriously full so, right now, I choose not to have a long, formal spiritual practice. I prefer to see each moment as an opportunity to be present, practice compassion, and live from the light inside of me. I cook with the intention of nourishing my family, I hug my children with love pouring out of me, I look at my husband attentively when he is speaking to me, I listen with my heart when students need my help.

I also found this post from the other blog. I blog here at the end of most months to summarize what the month meant to me. I had to chuckle because it fit what I am saying here!

2 comments:

Tamlin said...

I loved your examples! Definitely gave me something to think about.

@MuseKaren said...

So true! I take mine with me where ever I go. It's portable, and so handy!